The Danica Group is looking for a Product Photographer for our in-house brands, Danica Studio and Now Designs. This is an ongoing contract position that shoots twice a year for our seasonal catalogs. Each season requires a flexible schedule with 2-3 days a week of photography and production work, and lasts for 6-9 weeks. The fall season begins mid-October through until the end of November. The spring season starts mid-April until mid-June. In addition, there will be intermittent work required between each season for additional product photography. We are looking for someone who wants consistent and reliable seasonal work and can commit to future seasons.
The Product Photographer is responsible for photographing all close-crop (white background) products for our printed catalogs and e-commerce platforms. The photographer must perform quickly and efficiently under general direction from the creative team, and oversee assistants to maintain daily shot lists and assign prep duties. The candidate will need to follow the established guidelines to ensure all products are shot consistently and colour is represented accurately. Full lighting equipment, backdrops and photo studio are provided at our home office, but the photographer must provide their own camera and computer.
• High level of proficiency using professional digital SLR cameras
• Knowledgeable of studio lighting techniques to effectively photograph products with a wide variety of sizes, shapes, material textures and degrees of reflective finishes
• Familiar with X-Rite ColorChecker or other white balancing workflows
• Thorough understanding of image post-production and colour correction using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated organizational, communication skills with a keen eye for details
• Flexibility in schedule
• Adobe Creative Cloud
• Microsoft Excel
• Mac OSX operating system
• Bachelor's degree or Certificate in Photography or closely related field, OR
• Equivalent related work experience in a studio photography setting
Who are you? We want to hear what makes you the ideal candidate to join our team. Tell us about the special attributes you possess that will add some extra flair to the Danica dynamic. All applicants must provide a portfolio of relevant and original work. Please reply with resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com with the subject line: Product Photographer. No telephone calls.
The Danica Group is an equal opportunity employer.