VP of Sales
The Danica Group, which includes Now Designs, is considered to be a leader in fashion housewares. Our product assortment is an eclectic mix of kitchen and tabletop textiles, home accessories and giftware. We have a strong commitment to outstanding quality, service and design, which has made us a premiere source of wholesale home décor products for fifty years.
If you're looking to work for a company with a culture as vibrant as the products it produces, The Danica Group is the place for you.
VP of Sales
The Danica Group of companies is currently looking to hire a VP of Sales to manage all channels of revenue. This includes both key accounts and independent specialty retailers. These two revenue streams are very distinct and require an acute appreciation for harmonious growth. The structure is well established with eight managers reporting to the VP Sales.
As the successful candidate, you will have a proven record of accomplishment in leading sales managers. You will know how to collaborate, encourage superior performance, and coach. This position is based in Vancouver, BC.
• Be a key contributor to the executive group reporting directly to the CEO
• Manage and motivate a team of seven
• Optimize for company wide GM which can only be done by balancing resources amongst the sales areas
• Balance the use of resources both personnel as well as capital
• Acute awareness of protecting the business that has been built but leveraging it for future growth
• Clear and timely communication of channel sales plans and respective results
• Liaise with the executive team to achieve goals and share pertinent information
• Heightened support to key accounts managers for top 10 accounts
• Responsible for all sales manager expenditures
• Formal budgeting and planning for independents annually
• Sales leadership at 8-10 tradeshows a year across North America
• Be accountable
• A good working knowledge of the industry and a myriad of sales channels
• Strong buy-in of our corporate culture
• An appreciation that sometimes potential new customers are in conflict with existing Customers, and the competing needs between Key and Independent accounts
• An ability to prioritize sometimes limited resources to the highest and best use.
• An acute appreciation of the differing skills, temperaments and motivational ‘buttons’ of Sales Managers
• Exceptional communication capability
• Strong data analysis
• Ability to plan well into the future
• Strategic thinking along with big picture interest
How To Apply
Who are you? We want to hear what makes you the ideal candidate to join our team. Tell us about the special attributes you possess that will add some extra flair to the Danica dynamic.
Please reply with resume, cover letter and salary expectations to [email protected] Your subject line should be: VP Sales. No telephone calls. The Danica Group is an equal opportunity employer.